In the 3 short days since the Fatbike Frozen Forty (Triple F), we’ve been extremely busy reviewing and responding to all the positive comments on Facebook, Twitter, the MORC forum, and email. It sounds like the consensus is that this event should definitely occur next year. Be sure to tell your friends to check out the photos and race recap while it’s still fresh, so they remember your enthusiasm from this year when registration starts next year.
In the meantime, we’ve had several racers request that we post the full race results. Remember, this is a grass-roots effort that had tremendous turnout, and we don’t have dedicated staff or updating gremlins that get all the pictures sorted, recaps written, etc. All the post-race wrap-up requires time.
With that in mind, here are the results for all racers who finished the 40-mile open class at Fatbike Frozen Forty 2012. We had over 45 racers, including teams. There were a total of 17 racers who finished all 40 miles in the 40-mile open solo class. 2 teams finished all 40 miles in the 40-mile team class. The singletrack mountain bike trails at Elm Creek Park Reserve could not have been more perfect – snow-covered and nicely packed; it made for a fast and perfect fatbike race course.
In order, here are the 40-mile open solo class results from the February 25, 2012 Fatbike Frozen Forty at Elm Creek Park in Maple Grove, MN:
- Jeff Colbert = 3hr, 52min, 5 sec (Winner of the Frozen 40 open class!)
- Dave Hoglund = 3hr, 54min, 23sec
- CJ Smith = 3hr, 56min, 54sec
- Jeff Young = 4hr, 38 sec
- Mat Moore = 4hr, 7min, 15sec
- Jacque Poquette = 4hr, 7min, 51sec
- John Reinan = 4hr, 11min, 57 sec
- John Hartland = 4hr, 21 min, 57 sec
- Gary Ingle = 4hr, 25min, 19 sec
- John Smith = 4hr, 29min, 9sec
- Mick Lovin = 4hr, 31min, 36sec
- Don Weber = 4hr, 31min, 56sec
- Greg Gleason = 4hr, 44min, 13sec
- Joe Stiller = 4hr, 49min, 15sec
- Steve Schneider = 5hr, 17min, 14sec
- Craig Brown = 5hr, 32min, 15sec
- Ted Clausen = 5hr, 32min, 16sec
Here are the 2012 Fatbike Frozen Forty Team results:
- Straight River Studs; 3-person team (Tony Schwichtenberg, David Chabot, Cutis Tesch) = 5hr, 9min, 5sec
- Easy Riders; 2-person team (Curtis Gacek, Stephen Eisenmenger) = 5hr, 10min, 10sec
There are some great photos and write-ups by some of the photographers and bloggers who attended the Triple F. In one of our next posts, we will provide some of these links. If you’d like everyone to see your Fatbike Frozen Forty photos or race recap, please leave a comment here or Contact Us so we can include yours.
Again, a huge thank you goes out to all participants, sponsors and volunteers. Twenty2 Cycles, from Vail, Colorado was the primary/headline sponsor of the 2012 Fatbike Frozen Forty and was invaluable in supporting this event from the beginning. Ben and Todd travelled from Colorado to display and demo their custom-designed and handmade-in-the-USA fatbikes, and helped with race planning, supporting racers on the day of the event, and being an advocate of this grass-roots race when it was only a concept. Twenty2 Cycles, thank you!