If you want to race fatbikes, you can look for a race in your area here at the Ride Fatbikes race and event calendar. We’ll continue to keep it updated with races from around the country as new races and events are announced.
2014-2015 Fatbike Race Calendar
February 2015 Fatbike Racing Events
- Fatbike Frozen Forty – February 14, 2015 at Elm Creek Park in Champlin / Maple Grove, Minnesota. This is the 4th year of this outstanding and highly-regarded race. entails at Frozen40.com. Real-time photo slideshow: http://racevista.com/fatbike-frozen-forty-2015/.
- Fatbike Sandy race – Saturday March 21, 2015 in New Waverly, Texas. Find out more about this awesome southern fatbike race at: https://www.bikereg.com/the-fatbike-sandy. Or, check out this video: http://vimeo.com/117957626. Flyer: CHUMBAfatbikesandyflyerweb-2 Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/events/855121037873871/?fref=ts
Want your event listed? We will add featured events below for a low one-time submission fee of $20, or can enhance the add as you specify (contact us for pricing). Don’t miss the chance to be included!
2013-2014 Fatbike Race Calendar
January 2014 Fatbike Racing Events
- Get Phat with Pat – Fatbike race at the Minnesota River Bottoms – January 18th & 25th, 2014. Pat Sorensen and Penn Cycle are known commodities in the Twin Cities Minnesota area, and this 2-race series is sure to be worth your time! Details at: http://penncycle.com/merchant/199/files/RidePhat2014a_flyera.pdf
February 2014 Fatbike Racing Events
- Fatbike Frozen Forty – This Ride Enterprises, LLC event has been doubling in size each of the past years and we’ll be better than ever in 2014! Don’t miss it! February 15, 2014; Details at Frozen40.com
If you are organizing or sponsoring a fatbike race, ride or event, or ride, please contact us. For an exceptionally reasonable $20 listing fee, we’ll include it in our calendar, here at RideFatbikes.com. Or, if you’d like additional marketing (banner ad, post about your event, etc.), contact us and we’ll work with you to promote it on RideFatbikes.com!
2012-2013 Fatbike Racing Calendar
January 2013 Fatbike Racing Events
- January 5th, 12th, and 26th = Murphy Hanrehan Frigid Time Trial (Murphy Hanrehan Park, MN). Three race series at Murphy Hanrehan Park. Details here.
- January 12th = Farmer’s Fatbike Race (Grand Rapids, Michigan). Brought to you by Farm Team Racing and the founder of the Great Lakes Fatbike Series, this is the kick-off race of the Great Lakes Fatbike Series. Info at: Farmer’s Fatbike Race website
- January 12th = 2nd Annual Grand Targhee Snow Bike Race (Alta, WY) — Teton Valley GreatSnowFest.com
- Jan. 19th = Copper en Fuego (Copper Mountain, Colorado). Copper Mountain hosts their first ever nighttime Winter Mountain Bike Race! Fireworks and more. Registration starts at 3:30pm at the Incline! Race starts at 5:30pm.
- Jan. 19th = Get Phat w/ Pat (Minnesota River Bottoms, MN). Penn Cycle is hosting a Fat Bike race on the Minnesota River Bottoms trail on Saturday, Jan. 19, 2013. More info at MORC here.
- January 20th = Triple D winter race (Dubuque, Dyersville & Durango, Iowa). This is an endurance race that is highly regarded for its history, terrific organization, and its unique format (100k bike race with ski and running races available as well). More info at www.tripledrace.blogspot.com
- January 20th = Einstein Racing Fatbike Race #1: Fat Chance! (Crystal Mountain Resort and Spa, Thompsonville, Michigan). This is a 70’s-themed groovefest taking place at one of the best venues in the state. Crystal is building a dedicated, 2 mile fat bike course that will be groomed to perfection on race day. Info at ECfat.com.
- January 25th – 27th = Winter Fatbike Summit by QBP and Fitzgerald’s Bicycles. Details in a separate post here: http://ridefatbikes.com/2012/11/2013-winter-fatbike-summit/
- January 26th = Noquemanon Snow Bike 50k (Marquette, Michigan) — The Noquemanon Ski Marathon opens up a fatbike race, and has joined the Great Lakes Fatbike Series. This will be a festival of winter fun, with a 50k fatbike race for those who are up for the challenge. Info at: Noquemanon.com/snow-bike/
- January 26th – Powder Keg Fatbike Race (Eau Claire, WI) . 2-hour lapped team relay. Full details at www.chippewaoffroad.org/
- January 27th — Carver Lake Cold Catfish Cup by Angry Catfish and City of Woodbury (Carver Lake Park, Woodbury). Details at: MORC site. http://www.facebook.com/events/255210811211173/
February 2013 Fatbike Racing Events
- February 2nd, 9th = Elm Creek Frigid Time Trials (Elm Creek Park, MN). Time trial series over two dates in February at Elm Creek Park, sponsored by Maple Grove Cycling. Details found here.
- February 2nd = Tennessee Pass Night Jam (Leadville, CO). Bring your lights to Tennessee Pass Nordic Center for a fast race through the trees at Ski Cooper. http://www.tennesseepass.com/nordic-center/ 5pm Register/Check In @ Tennessee Pass Nordic Center, Race starts @ 7pm
- February 12th = Einstein Racing Race #2: Fat Tuesday (Civic Center in Traverse City, Michigan). That’s right, a fat bike race on Fat Tuesday. We will have paczkis, beads and gumbo on hand and a well-prepared fat bike in the heart of Traverse City. It’s going to be a huge race under the lights and with a finish line filled with fans. Info at ECfat.com.
- February 16th = Fatbike Frozen Forty “Triple F” (Elm Creek Park singletrack, Maple Grove, Minnesota). This is Minnesota’s own 40-mile winter endurance fatbike race, on a beautiful and fast 10-mile singletrack loop with lots of sponsors, prizes and fun! Part of the Great Lakes Fatbike Series. Organized by Ride Enterprises and promoted by Brad Boyd and Ben Welnak. Info at: Frozen40.com. Registration at: PreRace.com
- February 23rd = Blizzard Bike Race (Devon, Alberta, Canada). The 2nd Annual Blizzard Bike Race has Western Canada’s first fatbike category in a winter bike race. More information can be found on this post at RideFatbikes.com, or at the Devon Bicycle Association website, here: http://DevonBicycleAssociation.com/
March 2013 Fatbike Racing Events
- March 1st = Cuyuna Lakes Whiteout (Crosby/Ironton, Minnesota). Awesome race in a spectacular venue (Cuyuna mountain bike area) and part of the Great Lakes Fatbike Series. Info at: CuyunaLakesWhiteout.com
- March 2nd = Einstein Racing Fatbike Race #3: St. Fatty’s Day at Marsh Ridge Golf Course and Spa (Gaylord, MI). A twisty, tight course over the golf course is punctuated with some sharp climbs and capped off with a jaunt across a dog-leg sand trap. It’s a snowbiker’s dream come true. Info at ECfat.com.
- March 2nd = Mineral Belt Mayhem (Leadville, CO). An 11 mile loop on Leadville’s beautiful Mineral Belt Trail at Night! Start and finish on Harrison Ave. during Leadville’s Crystal Carnival Weekend. 5pm Register/Check In @ Cycles of Life, 309 Harrison Ave., Race starts @ 7pm. https://www.facebook.com/events/208168115469/
- March 9th = Fatbike Birkie (Cable, WI). The new Fat Bike Birkie provides a once-a-year chance to ride your fat bike or mountain bike on the groomed American Birkebeiner Trail. This race is part of the Great Lakes Fatbike Series. Fat bikes and mountain bikes are otherwise not allowed on the snow covered, groomed trail system. http://www.birkie.com/page/
- March 23rd = Barry-Roubaix (Middleville, Michigan). Known throughout the land as an amazing gravel road race, the Founders Brewing Barry Roubaix also features a fatbike race. It’s part of the Great Lakes Fatbike Series, and completes the series. If you’re racing in the series, don’t miss this last chance to improve your standing. This race is sure to draw a crowd from well beyond Michigan. Info at: BarryRoubaix.com
April 2013 Fatbike Racing Events
April 13th = East Side Epic (Leadville, CO). A tour of Leadville’s historic Mining District. 8am Register/Check In @ Cycles of Life, 309 Harrison Ave. Race starts @ 10am @ 700 East 8th St.
Want to add an event to our Ride Fatbikes race and event calendar? If you’d like us to know about a fatbike race or fatbike event in your area, or one you are sponsoring or organizing, Contact Us. In the meantime, Ride Fatbikes!